Local Unit Review
Generally an initial concern should be brought to the supervisor of your local unit for review since it is that person who would best understand the issues and concerns and would be expected to be in the best position to resolve the issue. Concerns may also be reported further up administrative channels.
Central Office Review
There are several University offices that specialize in certain issues and can be contacted when you wish to report a concern most appropriately handled by that office:
- Americans With Disabilities Act Compliance Office: (352) 392-7056
- College of Medicine-Physician Billing Compliance: (352) 265-8359 or College of Medicine–Compliance Hotline: 1-866-574-2867
- College of Medicine-Jacksonville, Billing Compliance and Corporate Responsibility Hotline: 1-877-264-2520
- Division of Sponsored Research: (352) 392-3516
- Environmental Health and Safety: (352) 392-1591
- Human Resource Services: (352) 392-1072
- Office of Internal Audit: (352) 392-1391
- Office of the Ombudsman-Student Issues: (352) 392-1308
- Privacy Office-HIPAA & Privacy Issues: (352) 273-5094 or the UF Privacy Hotline: 1-866-876-4472
Confidential/Anonymous Hotline Service
If you are not comfortable reporting your concern through the University’s normal administrative channels, the University of Florida has implemented the UF Compliance Hotline, a confidential/anonymous way for you to report concerns of suspected wrongdoing. The UF Compliance Hotline is provided by “The Network,” a company that provides confidential hotline reporting services to many other universities and corporations. The UF Compliance Hotline is operated 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
How to Use the UF Compliance Hotline
There are two methods to use the UF Compliance Hotline:
- By phone, you are greeted by a trained interviewer who documents in detail the situation you describe. You don’t have to give your name, and the call or transaction is not recorded or traced
- A report number will be assigned. Then, the information will be relayed to the appropriate University office to investigate your concern
- Using the report number, you may call or e-mail to add more information
Complete all screens of the web form on line. You may disclose your name or remain anonymous. When you have completed the web form press the submit button.
Types of Concerns
Topics of concern that may be reported to The Network are included within the link below: